Carolyn Vreeman is Founder, President & Lead Consultant of Vreeman Consulting. She coaches leaders and teams across the world to foster an environment of committed, engaged, productive, results-focused employees who contribute personally to the success of the organization every day.
With over 20 years of experience championing change at the individual, team, and organizational levels, her work has proven results: steadily increasing employee engagement, aligning strategy and goals throughout organizations, and inspiring innovation. Her Focus on Results Program contributed to lowering the levy in one MN County for the 6th consecutive year. Carolyn is the founder of the B.E. Organizational Change Leadership Certification Program for Government.
Carolyn's leadership has been recognized by Sheryl Sandberg (the COO of Facebook and Author of Lean In). She founded "Lean In Hennepin," the first Employee Resource Group at Hennepin County. At the City of Minneapolis, Carolyn inspired the 29% Club, also the first Employee Resource Group. Carolyn founded and directed the Hennepin5K at Hennepin County from 2012 to 2015.
She is married to children's author Brandon Vreeman who published "The Ball that Did Not Like To Bounce." This story reflects the choices we make in life, and how we find our true selves (www.brandonvreeman.com).
- 2017 Finalist for WaveMaker Award through Team Women MN
- 2016 Received Nominations for MN Women in Business Award from three organizations
- 2016 Honorary Recipient of Employee Engagement Award-Hennepin County
- 2015 Recipient of Employee Engagement Award-Hennepin County
- 2015 Recipient of Wellness Award-Hennepin County
- 2015 Mentor for Leadership Development Program (Executive Program)-Hennepin County
- 2012 Recipient of Harvard Innovations Bright Ideas Award
- 2011 Recipient of National Association of Counties Award for Innovation
- 2011 Recipient of Employee Engagement Award- Hennepin County
- Hennepin 5k and 50 Flights of Stairs: Founder and Director, 2011-2015
- 29% Club: initiated the first Employee Resource Group at the City of Minneapolis in 2016
- Lean In Hennepin: Founder and Chair of the first Employee Resource Group at Hennepin County in 2014
- MN Change Management Network: founding member and featured speaker
- Facilitation Nation- professional network of facilitators
- AFSCME Local 34, Union Steward and Chief Steward (2001-2013)
- Director- Public Employee Pension Services Association (PEPSA) (2011-2015)